Our zoo

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Swans flying north, the easy way


The swans left for Oregon yesterday. Susan and I went to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo afterwards and met our llama friends and met Bernie and his family. Bernie bought Dino and Pilgrim , our mini Zebu bulls and he was showing Dino.
Other news on the farm, the hawks picked off the 6 black swan babies. That was sad and made me wonder on what I can do the next time the babies are hatched.
I have 60,000 miles now burning veggie oil and the powersmoke is getting ready to turn over at the 300,000 mile mark.
On the health scene, I'm lifting a lot of weight and hitting the cardio hard, but as always, there's room for improvement on the eats.
Susan slipped me the giant goobler and changed the new puppy's name to Sam. I had named her Echo. Oh well, it's all about compromise,lol. Tracy, Sam, the Boxer is our latest addition, and Susan's still looking at mini bulldogs.
As far as the Livestock show, you want to talk about a small world, these people who were showing mini Zebu's were from Jonesboro La. We lived there in the early sixties. I was telling the lady how I remembered that the 18 year old boy who lived next store accidentally shot and killed a young girl in the house we were living in and she knew both the families. The boy's name was Mack and he would take me out for icecream and I really remembered how awesome he was. When we moved to Texas, we got word he had passed away suddenly while he was in college, due to some type of infection. The lady at the rodeo said he died of grief, because he never was able to deal with accidentally shooting the young girl. Wow, that brought back many years!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:35 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    ahh poor baby swans. so sad.

    Have posted pics of Sam?? I am anxious to hear if you buy a new bulldog..or maybe two. :)

    What a sad story about Mack. :(

    Hope all is well..sounds like you are working out hard. Keep it up!!

    I am a little nervous about summer. I sure love BBQ's and Modelo while floating the river.

    keep in touch my friend.

    {{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

     

Post a Comment

<< Home