Our zoo

Thursday, March 27, 2008

MY BIG SNAKE


I finally caught her. She was sunning and I was able to sneak up without her seeing me and grabbed her. She sprayed me with her scent but other than that she wasn't that aggressive. She weighed about 10 lbs and looked like she had a catfish in her belly. I was able to relocate her about 2 miles from my house in a canal. I had video of that also but the wind was blowing so hard you couldn't hear anything.
It was a great feeling being able to relocate her instead of killing her. It made me feel like I made up for the bobcat I found dead on the road yesterday and put in the freezer for our friend to mount.
Awesome!

5 Comments:

  • At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG>.....YOU ARE CRAZY!!!!! that snake looked really pissed off!

    You certainly did your good deed today by putting her out away from your house and critters.

    But you are still crazy!!!

     
  • At 9:14 PM, Blogger Irene said…

    That's awesomem Troy!

     
  • At 5:32 PM, Blogger Tracy said…

    oh my heck, oh my heck, oh my heck. It sent shivers down my spine. YOU ARE BRAVE!

    My brother used to hold me down and wrap them around my neck..so I am SO scared of them.

    Don't forget to post pics of the cougar mounth. TOO COOL!!!

    HUGS from snowy Idaho.

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger havlow said…

    It's time for an update...

    btw my working hours most of the time are 3am to noon M-F so hopefully that helps! Eastern Standard Time of course...or Dutch Local...either way :)

     
  • At 5:57 AM, Blogger havlow said…

    *nudge*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home