Our zoo

Saturday, June 30, 2007


This is my first attempt to blog from our Apple laptop. So far it has been a little awkward,but I hope in time it will get easier. Anyway I'm checking it out to see how it works. It took forever to figure out how to post a pic, and I'm sure there is an easier way but I think I got one done. If it shows up it is a pic of our first animal we bought. Her name is Pearl. She was born on December 7th(Pearl Harbor Day) and she is a Lama and is 12 years old. Llamas should live for about 20 years. So she has some mileage left on her. As far as disposition, she is our sweetest one. As far as looks..... well she wouldn't win any contests. But we love her all the same. We raise our llamas as pets, but in South America they are used for everything. The wool, the dung, to haul stuff and are even used for their meat(I hear it tastes like lamb, not chicken). And no they don't spit! Well they do but ours don't... only at each other and you'll only get nailed if caught in the crossfire when the girls are squabbling over food.
On the health front... I'm working out with a trainer. It has been very interesting to say the least. And even though we started this out because she needed someone to start spotting her, this has been a learning curve for me.This kid rocks and she knows what she's doing. She's also a Christian gal so I'm learning to curb the foul language,,, and hey I'm learning how to become a better person!
On the veggie oil stuff.... just hit 30,000 miles burning the bean juice. I'll try to get some figures posted soon on the savings and what not.
Well it's feeding time ... enjoy the week and hit some tens!

7 Comments:

  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger havlow said…

    That's one ugly kid!

    Yeah Apple OS can be a little cumbersome if you're not used to it. It gets a lot easier once you figure it out though.

    Great news on the bean juice. I'd love to see the stats that show how much money you've saved in gas overall as well!

     
  • At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think Pearl is VERY pretty. She has a really sweet face. LOL

    I LOVE my Apple Laptop. You'll get used to it quick. Now I wish I had one at work!

    Way to go on the veggie oil!! I bet you laugh your ass off everytime you pass a gas station. LOL!

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    what a cute pic! Lots of personality :)

     
  • At 11:39 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    ahh love Pearl. How cute!

    SO glad you are figuring out the Apple. Miss your posts.

    Your trainer sounds FANTASTIC!

    Very interesting about the veggie oil.

    Hope you had a GREAT weekend.

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger KatieFeldmom said…

    Howdy Troy!!! So glad that things are going well. Love the picture of Pearl!!! You have the coolest housemates.

     
  • At 1:10 AM, Blogger Alex Trenoweth said…

    I love llamas! Some day, I'm going to have one for a pet too! I just love your open mindedness with the Christian trainer. How do you train and not swear, lol?

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger Irene said…

    Pearl is great!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home