Our zoo

Saturday, May 05, 2007

A bite of the big apple

Susan is going to take our home computer to the Apple store so they can transfer all of the files to the new Apple laptop computer she got a few weeks ago. I figured I should get a post in due to the fact we could be down for a while.
The above is a pic of a Purple Martin house(actually a castle). It has 4 towers and houses ten birds. I am going to make a few of these after they are vacated. They are chocker block full of babies right now and the neat thing is that we have had a lot of rain and standing water lately, and these guys have kept the mosquito numbers down! They are so much better than pesticides. We currently have 5 houses of various varieties up around the ponds, but by far the most popular is the castle. I guess my birds are from royality, eh?
Hope everyone has a great week.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    LOVE the new castle birdhouse. Do you sell these babies or make them for your birds only??

    I just love seeing your talent. Thanks for sharing all the pics.

    Christa should have the laptop in a week ..all set up and ready to go. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

    HUGE HUG..Tracy

     
  • At 5:34 AM, Blogger Lori said…

    Your animals live better than I do. LOL I love the pictures.

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger Pamela said…

    Neato!!! My Mom & Dad need one like that up at their place on the river!
    They alrady have all sorts of other houses...including one for ...wood ducks??? I dunno!

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger KatieFeldmom said…

    Can't wait to see it!!!!

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger FV Tom said…

    Lots of good stuff going on around these parts, I see.

    Hey, you will have to tell me about your experience having the PC stuff moved to the Apple. I spent some time at our Apple store teh other night and came away pretty impressed. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

    But a truck that smells like steak? Nice!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home