Our zoo

Friday, January 12, 2007

No lack of labor!

I was trying to post some pics of the baby swans that hatched the other day but either I'm a knucklehead or blogger is ill. After reading about K's pregnancy I figured I'd have to share our little own hoopalah,lol. Luckily swan hatching isn't as stressful as real labor like K's going through, but trust me, it wasn't easy for me. Instead of dealing with afterbirth and what not I had to go get on the island and pick up any eggs that didn't hatch. Well all was fine and dandy til Emmitt sees me and hell hath no fury like a male swan who feels someone is invading his territory. I picked up the 4 infertile eggs and was pulling myself across the pond when he unleashed his viscous attack. And of course I get the dingy thingy that I pull myself across the pond stuck out of reach of my docking port so I totally get waylayed by this 14 lb bird. A few bites to my leg and some thrashing by his wings( which feel like someone smacking you with a 2X4 in the shins) and I final got back on land. And Karenna thinks she has something on me being in labor,lol.
Other news on the farm... let's see on another challenge... #9 I think.
This time I'm doing 20 minute cardio eveeryday but Sunday followed immediately by weights 5 days a week. I do 6 muscle groups a day, maximum weight suppersetted. I.E. three bi exercises superset with 3 hamstring exercises.
We'll see how that goes for a few weeks. Jan 17 will be 2 years doing the cardio, lifting routine that I have put my mind and body through.
As far as the eats... I try to eat healthy... fruits, veggies and just all around better choices 6 days a week, 6 meals a day. If I eat icecream I have it 1 day a week and it's the reduced sugar, low fat type. I know, 10 years from now it will probably be the chemicals in it that get me!
That's all I got for today. Hope everyone's new year is getting off to a great start.
Peace!

4 Comments:

  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger Pamela said…

    tee hee poor Troy tryin to keep up with the L& D stuff! you're a sport ..'listneing 'to all of us go on about "girlie" things all the time!
    the swan attack sounds a bit scary tho!! NO Thanks!
    I'll stick with the humans thanks!

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger KatieFeldmom said…

    Those dang scary swans. I hate it when that stuff happens. :o)

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger Irene said…

    #9? I guess it's gets tricky to keep track of which challenge your on after sticking with it for the long haul. Good for you!

     
  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger FV Tom said…

    HELLO!

    HELlo!

    HEllo!

    Hello!

    hello!

    helloooooo...

    Whatcha up to, cowboy?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home