Our zoo

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Menopause

Hot,cold,hot cold,hot,cold.... I'm hot, I'm cold. Menopause.
We, yes I say we cause I'm suffering also,lol have been suffering with menopause for several months. Luckily her mood is normal, but her temperature isn't. I might need to get insurance for all the appliances we have that either move air or cool air. She has just about worn out my a/c knob on the truck. On, off, on, off, I'm too hot, I'm too cold. 250,000 miles on the truck and the a/c knob will have to be duct taped to stay on soon. At least she's in a decent mood, not bitchy like I had imagined.
The ceiling fan. Wow thank God I had the foresight to put a remote on the one in the bedroom. On, off, on, off, I'm hot, I'm too cold. Now where I feel fortunate here is that in our garage apartment where we lived before we built the big house we didn't have a remote on the ceiling fan.Sooooo if we forgot to turn it on when we went to bed, I was the one who had to get up and turn it on. You know the scenario.... babe I won't give you any.................. hot chocolate... yeah that's it,lol ..... babe you're not going to have any hot chocolate unless you get up and turn the fan on. Well I likes me some hot chocolate before bedtime,lol. Now in our new bedroom, had I not put a remote on the ceiling fan I would be going to bed a lot ...... without my hot chocolate..... I just hope the remote can handle the barrage of on and off.
Dinner time.. the fan in the kitchen... on,off,on,off, I'm hot....I'm cold... Tonight we had cold burgers and hot slaw.... but at least she's in a good mood.
T.V. time....... exercise fan has been moved next to the couch. On off,on,off.... I'm hot.....I'm cold.... And man thank God it has a remote,lol and man can that fan move some air... blows fat free,sugar free icecream right off the spoon. No big loss,lol.
Anyway , I'm being patient and am hoping for the day we get back to normal. At least she's in a good mood!

5 Comments:

  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger Pamela said…

    Paitence is a Virture Grasshopper... ;)
    & you don't even wann know that My Mom did all that & more for YEARS now do ya??

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger Janel said…

    Well.......at least shes in a good mood!!!! :D

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    LOL, Troy you are too funny... I love your crazy stream of consciousness way of writing :)

     
  • At 9:11 AM, Blogger Lori said…

    Not looking forward to all that. YUCK.

    Lori

     
  • At 3:57 PM, Blogger FV Tom said…

    Amen, brother Troy, Amen!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home