Our zoo

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Good by to you my trusted friend...













we've known each other .... well I've had Hoss for over three years now. It was a very hard thing to do but I think the decision to find him a new home came about after we evacuated for Rita. We were heartbroken to have to leave him behind. We didn't have enough trailer space for him and then the problem of letting him out at our friends place could have been a mess. He gets into everything but at our place we had the pasture set up so he couldn't be as destructive.
He was at first suppose to go to Virginia City, Nevada where they race camels and emus, but the lady wouldn't commit to a deposit and I had others in line willing to. He went to a lady near San Diego who will use him in a petting type zoo and in nativity scenes.I hope he will be happy and I already miss him. I know it's a lot different when you guys sell your kids..... um I mean send them off to college, or when they grow up move out and get married, but this really hurts. At least I can hope that he has a good home and hopefully we'll get to see him when we go to San Diego in April.
Hope everyone is doing fine,
Troy

5 Comments:

  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger KatieFeldmom said…

    Thinking of you today.

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger Melanie said…

    I can only imagine how you feel. I would be crushed too. Just think of the joy he will bring to all of those children. And....if he doesn't like one of them, he can spit on them.

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger K. Marie said…

    Oh, I'm sorry Troy. :-( I'm sure you picked a good home for him.

     
  • At 5:19 PM, Blogger Irene said…

    Hoss is a beautiful animal! It's easy to become attached to our animals. They do become "family." Take care and, like you said, you can always go visit. :)

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Blogger Pamela said…

    Awwww ..Hope Hoss enjoys his new home! & rememeber like irene pointed out--you can visit :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home