Our zoo

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Surfin U.S.A.












This is the outing David got to go on last week. Once a year Sea World San Antonio shuts down the water park and opens it up for the residents at the Rainbow House. This is the chair they designed for those whose head injuries prevent them or make it hard for them to walk. I just think this is so great and gives these people some sort of life and something to look forward to. It sure beats the nursing home he was in. David is starting to talk more in meaningful sentences instead of answering yes or no to everything. I think the stimulation f the Rainbow House is providing and the fact he has structure and is around people closer to his age has already proven to be quite beneficial. What a difference in a couple of weeks time.
Tom- the camel races are held in Virginia City, Nevada, second week in Sept.We are about 200 miles away from San Antonio.
The exercise and eating are going well. I'm into week 10 of C-7 and still have been gaining a little in my measurements. It will be time to check out a new routine for the next 12 weeks. I have a couple of ideas from some mags I'm interested in.
The french fry mobile is running well.I have put about 1000 miles burning used veggie oil. There is still a timer problem with the shutdown sequence. I have made an offer to Jason(Mr. Vegistroke inventor). You fly down from Oregon and diagnose the problem(and he's going to install an upgrade to the unit) and if I made a wiring mistake or it's an electrical prob with my truck, I'll pay for his ticket. If it's his problem well, as I told him, I have a mower with your name on it, lol. Haven't told him I have 17 acres in need of mowing either.
Well that's all I have for now. Have an awesome weekend guys!

5 Comments:

  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger Irene said…

    How fun for David! I love to hear stories like that.

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger FV Tom said…

    Good for David. Seems like he adjusted pretty well and pretty quickly.

    Thanks for info.

    have a great weekend!

     
  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger KatieFeldmom said…

    How very cool for David.
    Sounds and looks like a lot of fun.

     
  • At 6:49 PM, Blogger Lori said…

    Wow, that's an awesome chair. Casey's son would love something like that. I bet he really enjoyed that.

    Lori

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger Just a lonely girl said…

    Thanks so much for sharing this story!

    You are definitely making a difference in at least one person's world!

    And you're touching ours...beautiful!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home