Our zoo

Monday, August 14, 2006

My first blender!

So, Erin is the first person I got to meet and it was awesome. She is as pretty as she is smart and let me tell you she is about the smartest lady I have ever met, well except for Susan of course. We met at the Chicago Chop House, had dinner and talked about everything. She has what I call an old soul. She is young yet has the knowledge and wisdom of someone who has lived a lifetime. I was pretty nervous at the aspect of meeting her and I had the advantage of Susan being with me and my friend Pete who travels with us, but after a few minutes of talking with her I felt very comfortable and enjoyed our visit. I hope her and her husband will get to come down to Texas for a visit. There are so many more things I wanted to talk about and say but the time was short. It was so neat getting to meet someone I have learned so much about over emails, blogs, and forums. It is the ultimate compliment to a budding friendship that has a lot of similarities like health, where are origins are from and future goals.
I had to email Erin and tell her that I wonder if the next meeting of a blend will be a letdown, because one never forgets those firsts in life, like that first roller coaster ride or the first time you drive a car,lol. Well, next summer we are going to San Diego, so Tom, Will it be you? We'll test my theory about the second blend meetup,lol.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger FV Tom said…

    Well, Troy, iff'n you get out this way, we will definitely have to try to meet up. And if your in San Diego, Eyeballrene lives down there so maybe you could get two birds with one stone! (pun intended)

    Your meet up sounds very cool.

     
  • At 10:06 AM, Blogger KatieFeldmom said…

    How very cool!!!!!!! Love the picture.

    Wait, you and Tom in the same room. Uh-Oh. Watch Out! Here comes trouble with a capital "T".

     
  • At 10:10 PM, Blogger Irene said…

    It's cool to meet fellow BFL'ers. You can have a conversation about working out and nutrition and not have someone look back at you like you're from Mars... I've met several BFL'ers and on-line workout buddies and it's always fun. Like Tom said, if you're ever on this coast, I'd love to meet! And we have this "little" San Diego Zoo here, just in case...

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    That is awesome! Love the picture! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home