Our zoo

Monday, August 21, 2006

Chicago, My Kinda Town

I really enjoyed visiting Chicago. The fun thing we enjoyed doing was hopping on the El and see where it would take us. This is one of the places we ended up at. It is Wiggley Field. We walked around the whole field to see if we could grab a peak at what was going on inside. We saw men in uniforms with these leather gloves on their hands and then thinking about the name could only assume it's a giant earth worm farm and they use those big gloves to catch those worms.We really couldn't get close enough to see the worms but we did see the men chasing things and catching them. I forgot to ask Erin about Wiggley Field but I figured some of you more seasoned travelers can fill me in.
Thanks guys for the responses on my post about David. He is doing well and we have only had one call concerning him. It seems one of the girls there has a fancy for him and they have been caught for partaking in a little hanky panky. They were told that this is not tolerated at Rainbow House, but of course 15 minutes later they have already forgotten what they were in trouble for. The staff isn't too concerned about it so I just hope it doesn't become an issue that could get him kicked out. I'm hoping it might make him enjoy the place and he'll behave.
The Vegistroke: well the verdict is still out. I have been having some electrical problems with it and now the control board has to be replaced. I got 700 miles on it so far but it has been hit and miss. I have to say though, that Jason, the inventor of it has been excellent in getting back with me and helping me diagnose the electrical problems. He returns every email and phone call promptly and has never lost his patience with me. He treats me with the utmost respect and that has alleviated any anxiety I would have had dealing with the problems I have encountered. Hopefully I'll have it running again in a day or two.
Well I have sold Hoss. It was a hard decision but one I think we had to make. When we had to leave several of the larger animals when we evacuated last year it broke our hearts. We can't do that again and it's not fair to them. We brought them here and it is our responsibilty to take care of them. He is going to Nevada where he will be racing with other camels. We will go see him in 2008 for the 50th annual camel race. It should be fun and I think he'll have a great home.
Other than that I'm back to good eating(except today I had a safety meeting and didn't prepare) but am back to working out after the week layoff. It's week 9 challenge 7 if you're counting. It's parrot time, got to go,
Later and have a great week,
Troy.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger FV Tom said…

    Wiggley Field? You're too much, cowboy.

    Sorry about having to let go of Hoss. It'll interesting to see if he remembers you when you see him in 2008. Whereabouts in Nevada is the race?

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger havlow said…

    Oh man I'm jealous...


    So you need an update here!!

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger Lori said…

    Seems like everyone has gone to Chicago lately. I haven't been in years.

    Lori

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger kpottlitzer said…

    hey! it's been a while since i checked up on blogs. that's really great that you were able to get david into the rainbow house. it sounds like a really great place. the sea world thing is such a nice thing too. i heard that machines that run on old oil smell like big fries coming down the road. i love it that you're being so resourceful.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home