Our zoo

Monday, July 24, 2006

Why do bulldogs have smooshed faces?

From chasing parked cars,lol. It's either that or for sniffin ass! That pup sniffs EVERYTHING. And the noises she makes when she's sniffing willl make you howl.
On to other things: I'm not running on veggie oil yet. My unit still hasn't arrived. I've collected a fair amount of oil though and my techniques are getting better.
I'm on week 6 challenge 7 and haven't missed a workout this challenge and have been happy with the gain in arm and leg size. Eating could be better,but we'll see how this challenge finishes out before I tweak my eating habits.
I am BBQing right now, but Tom would probably pinch me with some tongs if he saw what I was cooking. It's a lean pork loin, sauteed in wine and herbs and is in a aluminum foil boat. Oh and the pit isn't one of those big pipe smokers like you'd think most Texans would have. It's actually an outdoor stove, I beg your pardon, lol with a rotisserie and a side burner, no less. Sorry Tom, maybe one day I'll have a real man's pit!
That's about it, have a great few days until my next post and take care.
Back to the grillin and chillin!

9 Comments:

  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger FV Tom said…

    How can you call yourself a self-respecting Texan if you are cooking on an outdoor stove with a rotisserie and a side burner in an aluminum foil boat with wine! For crying out loud, there must be way too many violations of the Texan's creed in that statement. (Sure sounds like some good grub, though, cowboy!)

    I worked for a man who had lived in Denton, TX and the company transferred him out here. The big day arrived when his big ol' BBQ pit arrived. It was, as you guessed, just as you described. We hauled that thing down to the beach and had a lot of good times with that thing.

    Somehow I've got to get your dedication to workouts. I think I read it in your statement about being happy with the gains in arm and leg size. Call me in the morning to get me outta bed, OK?

    Be good.

     
  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    I TOTALLY love bulldogs. The next dog I get will be a femail bulldog. I think they are adorable...smooshed face and all! :)


    Nice comment on Pete's cow....smartiepants....SUZ2MOOOZ ;)

    goof!

     
  • At 7:41 AM, Blogger kpottlitzer said…

    i'm envious of your outdoor cooking set up. i can't wait till i have a place of my "own" where i can do some grilling and such. again, i love your dog and her smushed up face...adorable. about the salads, i have had salads with fresh herbs and they're very yummy. and the leeks sound good too. i'm gonna post the chick salad recipe. keep up the good work with your bfl!

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger K. Marie said…

    I love that damn dog!

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger bethkk said…

    Well, I for one don't care what you're grilling on...I just want WHAT you're grilling! YUUUUMMMMY!

     
  • At 5:36 AM, Blogger Hypertrophy said…

    Now that is one handsome dog !

    BBQ ? Mmmmm Mmmmmmmm ...

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger Lori said…

    yeah, they are like Pugs, which we used to have one. Very cute dogs.

    Lori

     
  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    She's adorable!

    Your cookout sounds de-lish!

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger Irene said…

    Mmmmmmmm... Barbecue!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home