Our zoo

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Wait, it gets worse.

O.K. grease pit diving was nasty. And man I have got to unass some cash and get the equipment to do this right and easier, but I didn't want to sink a lot into this endeavor if I can get waste veggie oil already collected for a buck a gallon.
So anyoldfrickinway, I have to filter this crap. I throw the 15 gallon drum of wvo oil on the tailgate of the truck and drain this into another drum through a rag to get the gretzkies out(little food particles). After that's done I roll the drum back into the sun to settle so any free water falls to the bottom. Later I'll pump that through a 10 micron water filter into the auxillary tank of my truck(which I haven't bought yet).
Well back to anyoldfrickinway, the rag plugs up with about a gallon in the funnel . I'm out the door on my way to work so I decide to pick it up, swap rags out and filter the rest. As I'm picking this up the rag slips out cause it's greasy(duh) and the shit hit's the(well, this time it's the legs and sneakers).I have to go change uniforms, hurry up and head out to work and the crap has permeated my sneakers. Now my truck smells like KFC.
Like I said I need to do this the easy way. They say you get what you pay for. Well hell I ain't paid for squat but I'm sure getting my money's worth, at least in the hassle dept.
I just hope I'm smiling when I'm driving past the gas pumps soon.
The workouts: On week 2 and going strong!
Grease is the word.....

4 Comments:

  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    All I can say is, "EW."

     
  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger Hypertrophy said…

    I would have bailed already ....

    That has got to be a friggin mess.

    pics next time Troy .. lol.

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger kpottlitzer said…

    yeah, pics!

     
  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger FV Tom said…

    too funny, Troy.

    Sure hope this pays off for you in the long run.


    have a great weekend!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home