Our zoo

Monday, June 26, 2006

Is it worth it?

Went grease pit diving. Armed with a rope, bucket and a couple of drums I managed to wrangle up about 25 gallons of used veggie oil. Man that's nasty. If it works it was worth 75 bucks(that's what 25 gallons of diesel costs).I don't think I will want to eat fried foods for awhile. That smell kinda lingers. I hope the exhaust doesn't reek like this. I'll also invest in a 12 volt pump if it looks like this supply will last. I think I'd rather do HIIT cardio on a treadmill than do that again. Oh, by the way, before I went pit diving I did cardio on the elliptical. Knocked off 483 cals in 20 minutes.
If I'm really lucky though and I have a few lined up, the people will put their used oil in the 5 gallon cubitainers that the oil came in new. Usually I'm not that lucky,lol.
That's about it. I think I'm going to go sniff something sweet to get that fried odor out of my mind. I think chocolate might work!

4 Comments:

  • At 5:39 AM, Blogger havlow said…

    Is this the grand fuel experiment you are speaking of?

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger FV Tom said…

    When I was in high school and college, I worked in restaurants. I was a cook. After working my shift, I could never get the smell off of me. Several showers, washing the clothes several times ---- nothing worked. The smell never leaves.

    I never tried chocolate, though. I think it might be better if you had a banana split!

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    I think I will wait to try any alternative fuel experiments until brave pioneers like you have perfected it ;)

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger kpottlitzer said…

    my dad has always worked in fast food and still spends time in the stores. i will always associate the smell of lingering fried food with my dad. such a distinct aroma. he told me one time he was really embarassed b/c he had to catch a flight and didn't have time to change and the guy sitting next time him was like "man, do you smell fried chicken." anyway, i'm interested in this grease pit diving you speak of. sounds like a recreational sport.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home