Our zoo

Sunday, June 11, 2006

I beg your pardon....














But I did promise you pictures of my rock garden. Before and after pics. The pic on the left, done with 2 bucks worth of roundup. The pic on the right, priceless, and I mean the cost lol. Anyway we did this to keep the dogs from digging in this area and laying by the door which resulted in mud being tracked in the house. We thought it would take 1 maybe 2 pallets of rock, and 3 huge boulders. Due to a gross miscalculation on my part it took 6 pallets of rock. I guess I'll work overtime this week to pay that off. My new motto, measure... measure again... measure one more time.... give the calculations to the wife!
Yesterday we were invited to spend the day in Galveston. Our friends rented a beach house and we had a great time. I learned that you can hunt for sharks teeth, use a seine net to catch critters and look at what's in the water. We even caught a few pipefish(related to sea horses, I think) and had some great BBQ. Boy how things change when you get older. I used to think the only thing fun about going to the beach was looking at the women. Now that I think about it I guessed I was so engrossed in what we were discovering I didn't even notice any women, except for Susan,lol.
The workouts have been good, the eats so so, and I'm heading into week 12 of Jim's plan. We'll see where I end up before I decided what regimine I will try next.
Y'all have a great Sunday!
Troy.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:48 AM, Blogger GoldFish said…

    u hv a pretty house..........n congrat for ur twins!!!
    take care
    have fun
    ps:u cud hv a luk at my blog too.

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger FV Tom said…

    I love the rock garden!

    Looks like you have a new friend.

     
  • At 6:19 PM, Blogger Hypertrophy said…

    That rock garden looks like nothing but work to me .. lol.

    Troy, I am really looking forward to seeing your final progress.

    Also, got your pm at tracker, and sory we can't hook up in chicago. I am going to plan on making a trip down in the future.

    Stay String down the stretch man !

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    VERY cool on the rock garden... I love your creativity. Sorry it was more work than you expected, but I think it's worth it :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home