Our zoo

Friday, May 26, 2006

Week? Day? Challenge 6, I think

Just wanted to tell you guys that I've still been eating well, except for last night I had a bowl of lf reduced sugar ice cream and last week missed 1 day of exercise(unloaded 6000 lbs of rock for a new rock garden) but everything else is still on plan.
I have been on a fact finding mission. I have discovered that it is possible to run my diesel truck on waste vegetable oil(wvo). That's the oil they dump into sumps from the friers at the fast food joints. I still have some more research to do and might set up a little experiment using my tractor, but I think this is a totally doable thing. The other option I have discovered is home brew biodiesel, using wvo still but adding chemicals and cooking it to make the fuel. Methanol and heat, yeah that's a good combo,lol. Anyway I'll keep you guys posted on the wvo and hope to have made some in the next week or two. You think when I fire up the truck on it, it will smell like french fries, lol. I guess we'll see then if I can get over that food craving!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:32 AM, Blogger Hypertrophy said…

    I rememeber reading about the bio-diesel a few months back ... doesn't willie nelson have something to do with all that ?
    I always wondered what would happen when the temp got cold, and the grease got hard in your gas line .... ???

     
  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger FV Tom said…

    I read something about that, too. But with my memory these days, I can't remember what I read!

    Good to see you are keeping up with the workouts. I'm not.

    Restarting tomorrow!

     
  • At 6:05 AM, Blogger havlow said…

    Yeah I had the exact same thought as Jim about the grease getting hard. Is there a way to keep it from going solid or chunky? Also I'm curious...is there a special license you have to get to do this or is it unregulated? I'm very interested in knowing about what you come up with so I can invest in your new fuel source ideas :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home