Our zoo

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Week 8, Day 56: 26-56 things

Cardio was yesterday with ab boot camp. I did the elliptical for 30 minutes and burned 570 cals. Eats were close to being on target. I moved 2900 lbs of rock to the rock garden and planted 9 assorted plants around said garden. Hopefully I'll finish up most of it today.
O.K. on with another 25( well I have 31 things of what makes me who I am.)
The theme song while you read the list is "Who are You" by the Who.
You can whistle it or hum it, it really doesn't matter to me.
And starting with numero:
The Macaws:
26. Crunch
27.Taz
28. Alex
29. Junior
30. Caicos
31. Sammy
32. Little Bit
33. Rocky
The other parrots:
34. Willie-rose breasted cockatoo
35. Freebie-cockatiel
36. Boy George- cardinal lory, K's favorite bird,lol.
To me the macaws are colorful and loud and have that "look at me, look how big and spectacular I am" Something I find really neat in people, of course I'm just loud!
The llamas
37. Pearl
38. Javier
39. Sierra
40. Patches
41. Dottie
42. Dahli
The llamas are laid back, curious, and like to hum. I like to whistle.They fascinate me for some reason, but when it's feeding time they become total pigs and a total pain in the butt. This is when they spit. I used to spit.
The mini moo moos
43. Zazu- raised in the house
44. Zack
45. Zena
46. Zoe
47. Mini
The Zebu cattle I find intriguing in that they are hearty little animals that are revered in Indian culture. They are probably the best parents of all the animals we have and parenting skills is something I wish I had.
The swans: again I love birds of all types and the swans as with the parrots are my favorites.
48. Emmitt
49. Rosa
50.Will
51. Grace
The first two are black swans, the second are whooping swans. The are graceful and elegant, I'm not. They are totally devoted to their mates, I am, and Emmit shares the nesting duties(building and sitting eggs) with Rosa, he's whipped, I'm not, lol.
52. The cats and dogs- Kiwi, Little Boy, Sissy
C.J.- English bulldog
Abby-boxer
Daisy- English Mastiff
The cats kill mice, of course they get birds , lizards and snakes.
The dogs dig holes around the house and poop even closer to the house. I do none of the above. But they make good companions.
The horse, she's an Arabian/ Clydesdale mix and we got her for 1 llama and 2 swans.
53. Shonee
She's absolutely stunning when she runs, I don't run much. She's big, I'm not and pushy, I'm not that either, and as a matter of fact we have nothing in common, but I like her.
The camel
54-56. Hoss
Well he's so big he counts as several, lol. And why would you think a camel could possible make me who I am today or has anything to do with who I am. Ever seen a camel drink water? Lots and lots of water,lol.
All of our critters in one way or the other have helped mold a little of me into who I am right now. I have learned about conservation, healing , caring for something, saving lives. I 've learned how to hurt from a loss, how to greive and recover, and how to cry. But most of all I have a new found happiness that they bring into our lives everyday. They have helped me become a better me.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:44 PM, Blogger Hypertrophy said…

    I have to see a pic of the arabian/clydesdale mix ... that has to be one impressive looking horse.

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger Hypertrophy said…

    I went back and found the pic. Great picture ! Funny how lamas seem to be following her.

     
  • At 11:00 PM, Blogger Melanie said…

    I love animals. You've definitely got your own zoo :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home