Our zoo

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Beep Beep,Beep Beep, Yeah

At the request of a few, but to be viewed by many,here's my list of 25 or so things that might possibly define who the fuck I am.
Starting at 16 years of age;
1. 1964 MGB... wrecked and sold
2. 1972 AMC Gremlin... totaled
3. 1974 Chevy Nova... sold, stole back,resold.
4. 1970 Pontiac Grand Prix...fried the engine, sold as junk.
Graduated 1978 from High School.
5. 1964 Chevy Impala... crashed into dump truck
6. 1976 Pontiac Trans Am... sold to junk yard.
7.Motorcycles:
a. 450 honda.... traded for 1969 chevy step side p/u, then traded back for the bike.
b. 750 custom chopper...sold
c. 1976 Harley Sportster...totaled
8.1972 Olds Cutlass...sold
9. 1966 THUNDER CHICKEN(T-Bird)...sold to the same person who bought the MGB.
10. 1979 Ford LTD...sold
11. 1981 Ford Bronco...1st new one, crashed, fixed, stolen, burned.
12.1972 Lincoln Continental... crushed by an oak tree
13. 1971 Mach 1 Mustang...sold
Bought my first home in 1982
14. 1976 Impala...sold
15. 1977 Buick Lesabre...sold
16. 1935 Ford Coup...sold
17. 1980 Buick Opel Isuzu...sold
18. 1985 F-150 extended cab...sold
19. 1979 Camaro...sold
20 1891 Camaro...repoed
21 1972 Cougar xlt Convertible...repoed
The bankrupt era
22. 1980 Datsun B-210...sold
23.1988 Delta 88 Brougham...sold and sued!
Sold home in 1992 and moved in with Susan... Now a vehicle is used for a purpose in life...work!
24.1990 Suzuki Samuri...sold
25. 1989 Ford F-150 exteneded cab...sold
Wait there's more!
Bought our property in Alvin in 1996, the first 7 acres.
26.The wheels that are currently in my driveway.
a. 1998 F-250
b. 2001 Explorer
c. 2001 Sport Trac(mom's car)
d. 2001 P.T.Cruiser
e. 1966 Corvette
f. 1991 Club car colf cart...(hey it has wheels and is worth it's weightt in gold)
First, I want to apologise to any vehicle I left out.
Second, what do cars have to do with who we are? Well, for me each one held a special memory in my life, whether good or bad, but it was a part of who I was and am.
There were parties, laughs, travels and some God aweful experiences in them. Things were done in them that weren't meant to be done in them,lol.But hey, look at the size of some of my cars, they were condos on wheels, lol. I mean I damn near did everything in my rides, except conceive my daughter.
And how could this possibly relate to a health blog(which is what a lot of my blog is about)? Well, no healthy foods were ever consumed in my vehicles, but exercising.... Ever try to get it on in a Trans -Am?
I know a lot of people have problems with food binges, well as you can see, mine was vehicle binging. I think I have it under control now, but there is a Hummer out there with my name on it. Car therapy lol? Hey I've gotta few rides for sale, anyone interested?
Oh, and as far as nick names.... My dad referred to me as his crash dummy.... and the first boat I bought( yes I went through a couple of those also) he suggested I name it...... you guessed right.. The Titanic.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger FV Tom said…

    Troy, this is AWESOME!

    I was thinking the same thing about your crash dummy nickname. Man, that's a lot of accidents.

    I was thinking about doing something like your list but mine would be extremely short in comparison. And boring.

    Never tried to get it on in a Trans Am but how about a VW bug!

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Hypertrophy said…

    Now this is a cool list !!!

    Ok Troy ... #3 .... "stole back" ? C'mon man, there has to be a good story behind that ???

    Hey, I did it in a vega coupe once !

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger FV Tom said…

    Sorry. Forgot to mention the post title. I get it. Beatles, right?

     
  • At 9:30 PM, Blogger K. Marie said…

    I am LMAO, Troy! I love it! I did notice that, upon becoming a homeowner, you began selling more cars and totaling fewer ...


    Vega coupe? Try a Plymouth Lazer hatchback ... sheesh!

    Jess -- you're a tall woman, a Jetta, now that would be a feat!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home