Our zoo

Thursday, April 06, 2006

W2, D11 Snakes alive!

Got up and headed for the mower to finish up and darn near stepped on a snake. Let the cardio begin! Man some of these snakes are fast and it took me several minutes to catch him. At one point he even reared up and leapt toward me. He was a yellow belly water snake and was about two foot long. They mimic a water moccasin in the way they look and even give off a pungent odor when disturbed, which I was doing to him. Anyway I finally caught him and released him in the ditch in the front of our place. Then while I was mowing I almost ran over another one. I guess they are starting to stir. Susan saw the 6 footer I have been pursuing for 2 years now.We still can't figure out what kind he is but he left a skin by the pond the other day and he is some kinda big!
The workout today was cardio, which was the second cardio of the day,lol. I did the recumbant and burned 390 cals for 9.8 miles at a steady resistance of 3.
That's about it. Hope y'all have a good day.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:01 AM, Blogger Hypertrophy said…

    Oh man, I HATE snakes .... that makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.

    Great workout Troy !!

    OGR !!!!!

     
  • At 5:10 PM, Blogger FV Tom said…

    I hate snakes! I don't like turning the page in a National Geographic magazine and seeing a picture of a snake.

    I am a wuss when it comes to snakes. (There, my final secret has come out. I feel better.)

     
  • At 11:09 PM, Blogger havlow said…

    All I can think about is Indiana Jones when you talk about snakes...I think I could definitely get in some cardio if I saw something over 6 feets running around anywhere near me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home