Our zoo

Thursday, March 30, 2006

W1,Day 4: Have you ever seen the pain?

That's exactly what I was thinking when the Creedence song came on while I was working out today. No rain, but a lot of pain. Man I'm gonna die tomorrow,lol.Thank God I did all my chores before I lifted. I planted 3 trees, removed sutures out of 1.5 cows' heads, carved on some new stone heads for the front gate, cooked dinner, made dinner for work tomorrow, and hauled off palm fronds. After I finished my routine I could barely lift the steak onto the grill(no kidding). How I chose the weight I am lifting at present is I selected the weight I was lifting at 6 reps on BFL. In a couple of instances this has proved a little too much. We need to come up with a good name for Jim's workout plan, it's a killer!
Today's torture:(Oh and when Jim says you swell like a blowfish, he ain't lying)
Warm up:
Lat pull downs:
10 reps at 65 lbs,8 reps at 65 lbs, 5 reps at 97.5 lbs, 3 reps at 105 lbs
Lat pull downs: the real deal
8, 8, 6, 6, reps at 130 lbs
Dumbbell rows:
10,10,8,8 reps at 80 lbs
Barbell curls on the Beth machine:
8,8,6 reps at 75 lbs
Incline dumbbell curls:
8,8, 5(failure) reps at 40, 37.5 37.5 lbs respectively.
And thank God that was all because that was all I had to give. Doesn't look like a lot on the surface, but trust me it totally kicks ass!
Tom- yes, us old dudes rule!
K- I'm sure it's just my elliptical. We have discussions all the time at work because three of us workout and we all hit totally different cals on our cardio equipment. I can get 10 miles on my recumbant in 30 minutes and the other guys get 2 and 5 miles, so I don't put a lot of faith in the cal thing.
Hope you guys have a thumbs up kind of a day!
Later, Troy.
Cals for the day 2635, 39/33/28 protein to carb to fat ratio.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:05 PM, Blogger bethkk said…

    All I could think of when reading this post was "You have a cow with 1/2 a head?"!! LOL! I think some of our cows do, especially the one who had her calf in the creek on Sunday (they're actually my father-in-law's cows, but they live in my front yard!).

    I'm really tired after reading everything you did...I need a nap now!

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    great minds think alike I guess... what in the world does 1.5 cow heads mean?

    also, don't forget once you get your stone heads all in place we want an aerial photo to get the full effect!

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger FV Tom said…

    OK, I'm with everybody else. I saw it, too. 1.5 cow heads?

    Those workouts are awesome.

    Have you increased your calories on this new program? They appear to be in the same relationship.

    be good.

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger K. Marie said…

    Big cow, little cow?

    Does anyone else wish they could vacation at Troy's place? I know, I'm a sick puppy, but doing the chores outside has always held so much appeal to me. Always a farm girl. :-)

    Hey -- how is the little lady feeling?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home