Our zoo

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Newest arrivals

Well first I wanted to talk about my excercise routine and eating for the day!
Just kidding. Here are our newest arrivals. Of course I had hell trying to get all 5 of the cignets in the same pic, so this was the best I could do. The 5th one is on the other side of Rosa. This is her first clutch. She is the 3rd Pen(female swan) we have had,we have lost two others. They mate for life but if they lose a mate, they will take a new one.We have only had her since October, I think.Well we named her in honor of Rosa Parks because the day we got her is the day Rosa Parks passed away.
Anyway this is their first day in the pond and they are by the dingy dock checking out the pelletized swan food I put on it. I also use this to get to the island to remove infertile eggs and give them fresh hay to build their nests.
I had no problems getting these pics, as Susan told me we have zoom on the digital camera, so I was able to get a close up shot. If not I would have had to physically get closer and the Cob(male swan) Emmitt(named after Emmitt Smith of the Dallas Cowboys for his running abilities), would have laid an attack on me so fierce, you'd thought you were seeing T-Rex cranked on steroids. I'll post more pics as I learn how to take better pics, but for now, this will have to do.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger PartTimeMom said…

    awww.. little swanlettes

    You did a good job taking the photos. I can't wait to see more.

    And you're doing a great job so far on your challenge - here's to 80 more days!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home