Our zoo

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Day 6, a bright flame is burning

Today is the end of the first week of carry the torch challenge.It was a good week in the fact I felt I had a little more motivation, desire, and stamina. A lot of that comes from the fact of why we are doing this particular challenge. Some of it comes from the support and kind words I get from you guys. And some more of it comes from being able to share this with Susan. She was 5 for 5 as of yesterday, and I know she’ll get her UBWO in today! If I were to rate this week like I rate my intensity’s of when I do cardio or lifting I would rate this week as an 8. Now I consider that pretty good when you take in the fact other factors that are sometimes out of our control. I need to get more sleep, but because of shift work I can’t. I also can’t get the right number of meals in either, but I do the best I can do for the week.I need to work on more water consumption and less coffee and diet coke. Now, there are times when I get 7 days off in a row (once a month) and I think I should be able to give myself a higher rating. We’ll see how that goes. So that’s why I gave myself an 8. Workouts were awesome, eating was 95% on plan, motivation and desire were up there. Plus, it gives me something to strive to be better at for week two!
Now for the meat and potatoes, well that comes second, first is the blood, sweat and tears:
Cardio day: actually cardio before the frickin sun comes up and the roosters start crowing @03:30
10 minutes elliptical
10 minutes dreadmill
10 minutes recumbant
beat the cals burned on all except the recumbant bike
Food for the day
04:45 protein shake and apple
07:30 deli ham, ww tortilla and 2% pepper jack cheese
10:30 ffcc , yogurt, orange…..you glad I didn’t say banana
1:30 hamburger patty cooked like EFL meatballs, ww pasta and veggies
4:30 ffcc, orange…… you glad I didn’t say yogurt
7:30 chicken, veggies, potatoe
10:00p ffcc
Well, that’s a wrap folks. Another productive and satisfying week completed of living life a little healthier

3 Comments:

  • At 5:38 PM, Blogger FV Tom said…

    Troy,
    some day you've got to tell me why you work out at 3:30am. I have a hard enough time getting up at 5:30am.

    You are doing great. From what I see, an 8 is being harsh on yourself but we are striving for better so I guess I understand.

    I loved your comment, "keep your eye on the ball." Perfect for my ball park!

    Be good. Say hi to the menagerie for us.
    Tom

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger havlow said…

    Troy,

    Sounds like you guys are having a great first week. I just wrapped up my first challenge Saturday and I'm starting challenge 2 in the morning. Glad to see the gang is really getting into this. Makes me ready to jump in and get going. Hard to believe I'm feeling like a kid waiting for xmas morning!!

    Jeremy

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger PartTimeMom said…

    You are on FIRE! It's so much fun to see everyone on a roll and to be a part of it!

    It's awsome that your wife is doing this with you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home