Our zoo

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

To my friends,I think I understand.

I sent this to Jess this a.m. and she suggested I post this on my blog:
Hi Jess,
Yesterday to say the least was a very rough day. I was trying to understand why I was so upset with Julie's passing. I had the fortunate experience of exchanging p.m.'s with her and enjoyed her comments on my progress and the pics of my animals.In learning how to navigate using the computer I discovered her personal blog and her BFL guest blog.Through her writings I learned more about her and what a strong woman she was. I learned about her compassion for life and her lack of fear of death.She took life on life's terms and had no complaints. I learned of her bond with her husband Matt. This is the stuff a movie could made about, and I got to meet her, although not in person. So far, she is the closest thing to an angel I have ever met, including my late grandmother . I, as we all will miss her very much.
What I have learned from Julie is the power of a new type of friendship. It's the friendships I have made on the computer. I have confessed to you that I use your favorites list for the blogs that I have discovered. Some of the people I already knew from Tracker, but as you and I began to correspond I felt we have started to build a foundation to a different type of friendship. It's a friendship in which we might never meet in person. We share some of our deepest thoughts, our likes and dislikes, our triumphs and tragedies. And yes even the loss of people we love dearly. Through the blogs we have build several special friendships with people we can connect with.I have learned allot from all of these special people in the short time I have been blogging. I think the things each and everyone shares draws us to a closer understanding of ourselves and the friendships we are making. Soon I will learn about birth from Karla's point of view, we will see a future star in the making with Bev, we will learn about astrology with Persephone, we will see Karenna overcome her obstacles and write a book, we will witness Parttimemom's and Goddessa's transformation in health, we will watch as Janel becomes more of a super mom than anyone can imagine, we will see Christy's business take off, we will watch as Teresa and Carol compete and win in competitions, and Teresa get a pink Caddy, we will hear of Stef's family adventures of snow skiing in far away places, we will celebrate when Steve bench presses 300 lbs, we will rejoice when the Stone Oak comes back and shows us his body like Arnold's.And Tracey and Melanie, wow I just like to read ya'lls observations. We will meet other friends and welcome them with an open mind.
Through all of these we will witness the ups and downs. The happiness and sadness. And that's what I have discovered with Julie's passing. I have friends that I deeply care about. Friends that I might never meet, but all the same, friends that I will go through all the same emotions that I am going through now. I hope and pray that it will always be the triumphs of life and successes of living.
And for you Jess, what I want to share in our friendship is when you meet Mr..Right, when you land that new job, and give Howard Stern some kickass competition as the best D.J. in the world, and you get to the physical condition YOU want to be in. As your friend I love you just the way you are, but if you need that support or that kick, to get where you want to be I'm here,
Your friend, and student
Troy

7 Comments:

  • At 6:44 PM, Blogger havlow said…

    Hey there I just discovered your blog from Jess!! Just wanted to say hello!

    Jeremy/Havlow from the tracker.

     
  • At 9:10 PM, Blogger Melanie said…

    Troy, that was powerful. Go back to Vegas and win the big bucks so we can all meet up!!!!! Big hugs!

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger PartTimeMom said…

    although I'm not saying it as elequantly as you did. We feel the same about you.

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger Janel said…

    WOw Troy, I love what you wrote and I'm glad you posted it for us. I have a very good feeling about 2006. With the support we have going on, NO WAY can we fail!!
    Rock ON!!

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger KatieFeldmom said…

    Such a sweet and wonderful post!

     
  • At 6:49 AM, Blogger Alex Trenoweth said…

    Thank you for that!! I'm really touched that you mention me!! and I feel the same about you. Thanks for sharing your beautiful animals. . .us city slickers experience different types of animals.

    Best of wishes!

    Love,

    P

     
  • At 12:43 AM, Blogger K. Marie said…

    Oh! I'm so late in finding this, Troy -- but I know exactly what you're saying, my friend.

    Exactly.

    Remember that when I show up at your doorstep some day and ask whether I can meet your animals.
    :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home