Our zoo

Monday, December 05, 2005

Smashed Chicken

Smashed chicken isn't a fancy dish. It isn't an exotic oriental dish. What it is, is an observation in cooking techniques with certain appliances. The George Foreman grill to be exact. Now I don't read instructions so I'm not an expert on how to use this thing, but common sense would dictate proper handling procedures.I brought our extra to work and it is used in the same manner as it is used by our BIG one at the house. After the chicken is marinated, rubbed or dashed with any found in the cupboard it is thne laid on the grilling surface and the top portion is closed on the chicken to cook both sides at one time.Here is where the observation and the name has come into play.I notice after the top is closed that everyone that I've seen used this thing(except for yours truely)then puts both hands on the lid and applies enough pressure on it to wring moisture out of a cotton ball. What's the deal? Then all your left with is a flat dried out piece of chicken breast(at least has flavor) that's as flat as a tortilla.Hence my name for this new dish.... smashed chicken.Of course when someone else is cooking for you and the meals are all on plan(BFL style) one must never complain. So I give smashed chicken my thumbs up! When I get a chance I'd like to discuss pressed ham!
Anyway the workout for today was legs. I'm on week nine and back to 3 sets 12 rep rotation. I am having problems lifting the weight I am using because 80 lb dumbbells in each hand trying to squats are killing my hands. So even though I had to modify my workout, I still hit some tens, but I don't have enough time to list what I did today. Eating will be on plan also, but I need to go make breakfast, get my meals ready for the rest of the night and get ready for work! You guys have a great rest of the day, and I'll try to go make some cheaper gasoline!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger PartTimeMom said…

    yay for cheeper gas.

    Hmmm.. smashed chicken.. doesn't sound like my cuppa ;) heh

     

Post a Comment

<< Home