Our zoo

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Julie Whitt's favorite color

That's what Julie p.m.'ed me on tracker when I had this parrot on my profile.Blue was her favorite color. I was thinking about that today and thought I'd post this pic. This is Crunch! She is a Hyacinth macaw. We named her Crunch! because of her enormous beak and the fact she can crack open macadamian nuts with no problem.This is the biggest macaw in the macaw family. Form head to tail she is around 3 foot. She is extremely friendly and affectionate. In the aviary world they are referred to as the gentle giant.
In other news at the farm, yesterday I tried circuit training. I rode the recumbant for 10 minutes, then did 10 on the treadmill and finished that off with 10 minutes on the elliptical. It definetly was a butt ripper.Before hand I did my ab routine and it went fairly well.
For today I did shoulders and arms. everything was performed with 3 sets of 8 reps. On the 3rd set of every excercise I bumped up the weight and either hit 8 reps or went to failure.Eating has been on plan, and as I wind down this challenge I am looking forward to the Torch Challenge. Maybe I will finally get that 6 pack I have been working so hard on. If I do I'll have Julie to thanks for that.
See you soon.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:44 AM, Blogger Alex Trenoweth said…

    LMAO "butt ripper"!!
    OMG that is so funny. Okay, here's my motivational phrase for the next challenge starting Monday: "Confidence grows with a shrinking booty!"

    I'm going to be seriously shredding some butt this next challenge!

    Beautiful birdy--all the more so cuz Julie said the same.

    Did you ever come back to my blog for the answer to the question you asked about menopause??

    Just a gentle nudge--brace yourself, New Moon in a couple of days!

    Best,

    P

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger PartTimeMom said…

    aww - she's beautiful.

    Cardio 'circuit training' we recomended to me as a great HIIT workout. Sounds like it worked for you today! Great job

     
  • At 12:38 AM, Blogger K. Marie said…

    Oh, she's pretty!

    I used to despise birds, but something changed after I met my husband. Now I love to talk to them at the pet store. But someone once told me that the birds won't like me if I'm wearing red. Is that true?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home